here.
Sunday, September 7, 2014
birthday and prelims (a bad sounding combi but that's what it is)

I missed my birthday post! Ha so I’m legal now, I can drink, I can drive, I can watch M18 movies, it’s a landmark in life and I’m very thankful for all the people who cared enough to plan surprises and make cards and buy cakes for me! Although I am someone who does like to commemorate occasions, I don’t usually plan my own birthday… I’ve never held a birthday party in my life. Turning 18 is supposedly an important time, seeing the so many new things I’m legally allowed to do now, but the exact day is really a very arbitrary measure, so I wouldn’t dwell on being legal per se.

But rather, last Tuesday was a day I realized how big one’s person’s circle of influence can be??? I wouldn’t say I’m extremely popular or influential, because that makes me sound like some politician, and you know how at every birthday thing there’re always the random few who only remembered thanks to facebook, and those who are only there to help eat the cake, but yes the groups of friends who did prepare somethings are an indicator how potentially how large one’s influence can go. I always thought I was a low profile person, and then how on earth did half the CO turn up early to school to…I don’t know, make lots of noise for the people studying in the canteen?? And thank you to my lesser talked to brother for baking the cake! First time anyone baked a cake for me, and I don’t even know you thaaaaat well, so yeah, I’m grateful for the effort put in!

Morosers also deserve a mention for being the first group to ambush me that morning, I felt terribly sorry for having to go off to the CO group and some of you didn’t even get to eat the cake you bought for me but seriously I was touched okay, because in the mornings we are usually groggy and maybe studying or sleeping but you guys sacrificed that to surprise me (although hahahaha JY failed at being a distractor).

And I love how our music class drew me cats hahahah I probably forgot who drew which already, but its super amusing seeing the different personalities and styles show up with a simple doodle of a cat each (:

Of course I love it when individuals wish me too through text or cards, even/especially those from out of the blue, long ago friends, I really appreciate you taking time out of your own business and trials and tribulations to make me smile on this day! Special mention to Hi Fatz (ykw? :P) for the Monday night visit despite my unglam hair, and to that friend in Ausssie who mailed over her wishes ever so punctually, for once!!

Yeap so that’s that, I had an exciting one this year, thank you for making me feel special, and I hope I can continue to grow to be a better person to influence your lives in a good way, to make your birthday wish worthwhile LOL. Sounds cheesy but I mean it. I thank God for making me exist, and because there is surely a reason for me to be on earth, I hope to use it to inspire you guys, even in just small little ways.

The end of the birthday segment, and prelims have rolled around much too soon. I am feeling a new kind of calm and assurance. Maybe it’s because I finally feel like I have a bit more time and energy to actually study, and I’ve had more time to come to terms with myself (if that makes sense). The past 2 tests this year I’ve been quite a mess, just barely marching on. I’m returning with a vengeance now, better late than never, yeah? I hope it won’t be a 3 minutes of fervor thing, because Math has yet to come >< but I hope that by setting my sights on the eternal goal, instead of temporary gains and earthly achievements, I will stay motivated with strength from above!

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”-Philippians 4:6