here.
Sunday, May 26, 2013
felicity.
Sungha Jung’s concert was a blast.
Never mind all the fuss about the tickets and whatever. I was pretty frenzied about it but that mostly disappeared when the music started.
Thinking back, it’s been a while since I started following his videos on youtube. Yesterday evening, it was the first time I attended a concert like this. Usually I attend concerts to support friends, or to write concert journals, or as part of a class thing. But this guy, I’m not “ASDFGHJKLCRAZY LOVE” over him but he’s the first guy I really want to watch live at least once in my life. Seriously.
And I really enjoyed the acoustic stage setting. The venue was rather… cosy? I really love the seats we got hahahaha I still can’t believe we managed to get such awesome places.
When he started playing, I had so many feels I started thinking about a lot of random things.
1.      He is so prooooo :O when can I play the guitar piano like that.
2.      I wonder what he’s thinking. After all he’s my peer in terms of age… having so much experience overseas, how is he feeling right now? What’s the context of the piece? How did he feel playing something like ‘Nostlagia’?
3.      He’s touring so much now, does he study?
4.      I need some inspiration for composition from him…
I got amused by his choppy English. His silence fillers always begin with ‘Okay.’ Or ‘yeah.’ Quote of the night “Don’t be boring.” I’m sure he meant, ‘Don’t be bored,’ but why would we be??
His technique really awes me, especially during the hammering and smacking and ad lib or runs! If only he could channel me some of that technique to my cello or piano.
I was anticipating a bit more collaboration with the guest performer Agustin Amigo though. I wanted some more explosive interaction and guitar-comunication but he appeased us with some pop song covers for the collabs. Well, can’t ask for too much. Next time, maybe?? The djembe turbochicken guy was cool though. It felt like he was a little hidden in the shadows (figuratively), even the emcee turned ‘guest singer’ had more attention than this guy who popped out unexpectedly to do 2 songs.
To sum it up, the concert was great.

(Another thing I can’t believe was how that ticket we were trying to sell won a meet and greet. If only we knew. All you people should regret not buying it mehhh. How come we didn’t bother checking anyway? We don’t know whose name our tickets were bought under, but it had a chance too right?)
Thanks for sharing this experience with me, love. You were wonderful company. Next time. Next time we know better.
Thank you Lord for allowing me this chance to watch him! I had to forgo FO (and oh all the pictures I see on facebook) but no I shall not feel regret. It was the best way things could’ve turned out, and I was blessed with too many pleasant surprises.


Last week of school, recharged with the satisfaction from the concert, but physically and mentally worn out…
Don’t you worry, don’t you worry child. Heaven’s got a plan for you.