here.
Friday, September 14, 2012
drugs.

The first time I tried it, I did it for a friend. It wasn’t so much of peer pressure, but out of being a kind soul and also some curiosity.
Often when I tell myself I don’t like something, I occasionally try it again to see whether I might have changed my opinions of it from the time I put down that verdict that ‘It’s bad.’
So I did.

This thing that people have been swooning over. This thing that people queue up half an hour for. This thing that they would look forward to in the whole day. This… it’s like a drug.
Many many times when I read those stories of drug addicts and how they get addicted, I see how they started out thinking they wouldn’t get addicted. And then I will wonder if my willpower would be as strong as theirs if I ever try drugs. Or smoking. Or drinking. Would I get addicted after just ONE try? I always doubted it. But, not taking any chances.
But this, this is coffee! Coffee is not as bad right? Though, I really felt like I was taking my first whiff of glue or something…
Anyway, I drank my first ever cup of salted caramel frapp today. I’ll just say… I am not going to get addicted to coffee anytime soon.


Been spending my past few days just sleeping when I get home, or doing hmp compositions in school… I think my composing is getting better hee! I realized that I have lots of contributors to my inspiration, like church songs, Korean drama music/songs, anime music/Joe Hisaishi, etc. And often tinkling covers of these songs help too because it puts into consciousness the chord progessions and types of melodies, so when I am improvising out a melody I get more ideas as well. Hope the coursework and wordsetting paper goes well!
On the other hand, all these last minute work have been eating up my time and energy, I haven’t started proper, systematic revision. Just trying to absorb as much as I can during lesson time when we do stuff…


He existed before anything else, and He holds all creation together.
Colossions 1:17
With Him, we don’t need to fear falling apart.