Everyone has
their own ways of de-stressing. I like to read, I like to write, I like to play
the piano, I like to look at cats, I like to stare out the window…
But my dad,
his way of de-stressing is to either sleep, watch random TV shows, or to bring
home animals.
Seriously.
He brought home fish before, of varying species. It used to be fighting fish.
Then guppies and goldfish and discuses and so on… And then he’d sit by the fish
tank and stare into the marine wonderland for a long long time. Once he brought
home a cricket. You know the distant chirping you hear when you’re near a
forested area? Or even just anywhere. Yes, that is made by crickets, and when
you bring one of those creatures making that noise, right into your living
room, it’s no laughing matter. One is enough to drive you crazy for a night!
Today, he
suddenly brought home a cage… in it was a small yellow-green feathered
creature, smaller than my palm (minus the fingers). He said he’d caught it near
his workplace… (?) So today he sat there and watched the little thing flutter/sit
around the cage. Maybe he’s still sitting there.
Why doesn’t
he bring home a kitten?