here.
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Beside the Forest

“Once every day I shall simply stare at a tree, a flower, a cloud, or a person. I shall not then be concerned at all to ask what they are, but simply be glad that they are.” --- Dr. Klyde S. Kilby (interpreter of C.S. Lewis)

I absolutely love the fact that I live right next to a forest.
(Okay, it’s not actually a forest, but I like to think it is one.)

Despite the occasional grasshopper/praying mantis in addition to the more regular ants, spiders, lizards, moths, bees and cockroaches, despite the sun here being bright enough to yellow all my books but not really enough to keep my mom’s sun-loving plants alive, despite the fear of meeting monkeys when I walk down that deserted alley running alongside the ‘forest’, I still love this place.

It may not have a view of Mount Fuji, or have a field of sunny daisies, or a seaside view with the ocean breeze, but I like it.

The humble tropical trees with branches I can almost touch from my window (if my hand was five metres long?), and all-too-often-neglected grass, the lone willow lookalike (maybe it really is a willow tree. I adore willow trees.) hanging over the rocks (probably man made), the birds chirping, chattering, the neighbours’ plants and flowers and the random butterfly… I like them all.

“Earth’s crammed with heaven. And every common bush afire with God. But only he who sees takes off his shoes. The rest sit sound it and pluck blackberries.”---Elizabeth Barrett Browning


Yes and just an update on the happenings: EXAMS ARE OVER. Spent the whole of yesterday and probably will today and tomorrow and Friday and so on… Using the com, lazing around, sleeping, playing the piano (but not actually practicing)…
Goodbye, I’m off to youtubeland.