here.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
marinade
Marinate.

That word may just remind you of that beef steak dinner you had the other day, marinated in herbs and spices. But now it holds a whole new meaning for me, because of this smelly joke my senior told us.
Smelly? You bet.
The 'joke' goes something like this: A man and his boss stepped into the lift on the first floor of their office. Not long after, one of them farted. Too embarrassed to react, they were left to marinate in the smell all the way to the 21st floor.
Not a very funny joke, but the main crux is in the word marinate. It is used so creatively and hilariously. Now, i have found a whole new world of possibilities with this word I have always known.
e.g. fumigation is leaving things to marinate in poisonous gases.

Well, anyway, it is already the last Wednesday of the holidays, and I still have tons of work. Trying to be organised, I mapped out a timetable for today. I plan to be productive. But evidently, I'm not very sucessful as of yet.

And, I am praying oh-so-hard that the ash cloud will cruise off away from Sydney quickie! I really don't want the flight to be cancelled/delayed. And the instruments are being shipped there tonight! Oh PLEASE, wind, BLOW HARDER.




I don't want to marinate in the ash cloud.