[Inspired by an amazing friend, and an amazing youtube video which unfortunately, I havent introduced to you! It's called 'Strangers, again' by Wongfu productions.]We were like that once.
We used to be strangers.
Whenever I saw you, I felt this pang at my heart. Was it jealousy? Was it envy? Was it… indignance?
Why did they seem to like you better?
Whenever I saw you, I thought, “It’s her again. It’s the girl.”
Whenever you appeared, I watched you. Wondering where you lived. Wondering where you came from. Wondering who you were.
Why, I was curious.
When I found out where they were hiding, I always saw you there. What am I saying? What I mean is, you had led me there. What I mean is, I had followed you.
When I finally plucked up the courage to say hello, I had spent weeks wondering about you.
When I first spoke to you, I never knew that this would happen. What I didn’t know was that you’d occupy such a big part of my life.
Why am I saying all these?
Well, they’re strangers to us now. What I’m not saying is that they’ll become our best friends. What I am saying is that maybe we shouldn’t be too wary of them after all. Wary… Well, I used to feel that way about you too.
We were once all strangers.