here.
Sunday, April 10, 2011
half life
half life. that has something to do with radiation, but lets not talk about that for now. Let's just talk about my 'half-life'. What with blogs and facebook and twitter now, I feel like I'm living halfway in the real world and halfway into the social networking world. I tried so hard not to let myself delve deeper into the sea of ever generating useless information of the social networking era, but I failed. I used to stay away from all these social media. No facebook, no twitter, not even youtube. I joined blogger later than all my friends who did, yet I'm one of the ones who are still here. Many have moved on, and rendered their online diaries dead for the shorter 'online diaries' of twitter. People not so literary inclined chose tumblr over blogger, to repost picture after picture. I joined facebook only when I was legally allowed to do so. I was in no hurry. I wanted to live in the real world for as long as I could. I never stalked people in the past. But curious as I was, I started searching for people on facebook. Seniors, teachers, celebrities. (Don't worry, I don't stalk serially. I only stalk people one-off when I get bored.) Things took a turn for the worse when I started to search for owl city on twitter... Now, thanks to Inez, I have been dragged in to twitter as well. I had abstained myself from it, because I saw no point in narrating every action I do everyday. I had stalked my classmates before, and I saw the things they tweeted. I don't need to read about whether you're in the school com lab or in the toilet or about cliche, emo stuff! (No offence please. Just saying in general. To be honest, some tweets ARE quite interesting to read too.) However, being the person I am, I can't stand knowing that I have a twitter account out there, and not use it. It's like a trace of me floating on a cosmic cloud, unknown, unused, unrecognised. So I tweeted. And I didn't want to waste my time in the real world texting tweets, so I didn't connect my twitter account to my phone. (Not that I know how to. I experimentally tried, but couldnt find...) Then I spent the whole of today, with smart alecky quips popping into my head now and then, and I go thinking: Wouldn't that be great on twitter/facebook? Better than telling people I'm feeling pissed now, at least? (Yes, a guy made me cry today and I'm posting this crap cos I'm trying to forget about it. And no no, just in case you misunderstand, you know me better than to think that guy is like a bgr thing right!) So when I went home, I finished my work (hmm. nah, i didn't finish chem.), turned on the computer, and... Do I post on facebook or tweet? I don't want to link my accounts for fear of people joining all the dots and somehow getting a whole picture of my life and blackmail me. Well, I'm just that paranoid. Facebook has no word limit. Facebook has likes. Facebooks has comments. Twitter? I guess it seems less obstructive to 'spam' multiple tweets there. Which is quite suitable for today considering all my creative juices have been activated to block out my sadness. So twitter it is, for today. p.s. nah i'm not that sad anymore. its just a small thing, though it made me cry. maybe you dont know it, but i get the urge to cry really easily, except i hold it back most of the time. today was an exception. don't worry.