"Every mushroom cloud has a silver lining" Haha. My LA teacher was telling us, just the other day, not to put quotes at the front of our essays (like I just did, and always have done on my posts), without actually explaining the significance of the quote, or referring back to it. Well, at least I don't do that on essays! So yes, about that extra 'mushroom' word, it's because that phrase isn't just the old saying about looking on the bright side of life, but it's from a song (a lesser known song Cave In by Owl City!). That really touched me today, because it taught/reminded me to give thanks, no matter what happens. Especially today, as I woke up on the wrong side of bed (figuratively speaking). At 7.30am, 15 min before my alarm was due to go off, this performance of lion dance, I presumed from the sound of the loud drums, began to cause such a ruckus, I just couldn't get back to sleep. My mom awoke and after going to the toilet, annoyingly went back to bed. Annoyingly? Yes, because she made me late for my practise (I was pianist for today) at church. And because I was late, the senior there gave me a lecture on punctuality. I should really convey his message to my mom, because I wasn't the one who was late! My mom thinks these practises are unimportant, but she's majorly wrong. But well, can't blame him for lecturing me. "My mom woke up late" is a pathetic excuse, even worse than "I woke up late". And besides, he didn't realise what troubles I had, just to decide whether I had to go earlier for practise. Let me explain. Just this week, I was notified that I was replacing someone else to be pianist for this week's worship. I accepted, considering I had no excuse to say no, and it was 2 months since I last played, anyway. However, the 2 worship leaders did not contact me at all, to tell me about the songs they were singing. I didn't have their numbers, they were never on facebook, I hardly talk to them... How was I supposed to contact them? I only found out one of their numbers last night, and I smsed him. He still has not replied me! So technically, no one told me I had to go early for practice, right? I felt like I just wanted to 'attitude' them and not go at all. However, I reminded myself, that worship is for God, and not going would show that I wasn't serious about serving God. So, through all this, one side of me felt like just bursting out into tears of indignation, while the other side of me prayed and gave thanks that 1. the senior was really nice, actually. it could have been worse, i know. 2. I didn't feel as nervous as the first (previous) time I played. And although my playing didn't improve much in terms of skills, at least I didn't make as many mistakes. and thats considering that I had purely less than 45 min to practise! Anyway, it's over, and that's that. Now, it's mugging time. I barely started, and tests are in 2 days! And THANK GOD mine starts one day later! Thats the awesomeness of not taking Physics, though to be fair, I have Alit and HMP to mug extra hard for! Jiayous everybodeh.