You know what? I had typed a really long post here, about God knows what (literally), but decided to delete it cos I was really just blabbering to myself, not taking into account what my point really was.So, Claudia, there you go, something else that goes on in my head that I won't tell. To sum it up, I was just reflecting on my Christian faith, how I go to church every sunday ever since I was a kid, but can I confidently say that I am ready to, like, preach to others, or to be a witness? I don't think so. I have heard the same messages in church all these years, I know most of the politically correct answers about God and Jesus, but do I really feel that way? (Yes I do.) I know the things I should and shouldn't do, but do I obey? (Mostly, but when I sin, I just think I'm not trying hard enough. and here comes self control that makes me feel like bursting when i'm tempted to not read the Bible for the week. yes, i'm starting out slow on reading the bible.)Anyway, flag day was yesterday. Yep, I was one of the students from an unknown number of classes from an unknown number of schools, holding an unknown number of collection tins going around an unknown number of locations in Singapore collecting change that would go to the Friends of the Disabled Society.I must say that briefings before any activity are always a help, even though they are mostly boring instructions on do's and don'ts. Sadly to say, there wasn't a single briefing or word or advice from the teachers for my very first flag day. Hence I was clueless as to what I should bring (common sense told me to pack light), what I should say to people (mostly I just stood there or walked around. I used eye contact more than I used my voice. it was miraculous how i could just glance at someone and he could glance back and without me opening my mouth he waves me away, gesturing that he has no coins, or i prefer to think of it that way, and in a few seconds the 'conversation' is all over as he walks past.), where we should go (mathea and me couldnt find a spot not already dominated by fellow 'volunteers' in orchard, so we went to chinatown for a while. not much people there, so we went back to orchard where there was still a high concentration of volunteers --one disabled, 4 from our school, at least 3 guys from another school, all outside 313@somerset -- and then we went to city hall where we stayed for the last hour plus).Well, it was a tiring experience, nonetheless an enriching one. I learnt that people with kids are good targets to start off with. Also, never judge a book by its cover, as the grumpy/gangster looking/snobby looking/etc. people can be the ones who donate the most, as opposed to polite looking ladies and gentlemen who kindly wave you away somewhat apologetically. Also, people who voluntarily give even when you didn't even make any eye contact (some approach from the back after I walk off) can make my day, reminding me that there are kind souls around.One good tactic too, is to stand near the entrance of a building, have at 2-4 people, and station facing different directions. No one will miss you that way.At the end of the day, my tin wasn't as heavy as some people's, but after all, it was with teamwork that we managed to get that much donations anyway. It didn't matter whose tin it was dropped in. Furthermore, never judge the amount of money in a tin by the weight of it. Who knows? There might be more notes in mine? (I doubt so.)On a side note, today was my first time playing the piano for youth service. It was quite exhilarating, although the sound system wasn't very good and I couldn't hear if I was playing the right notes. There's always a first time, right?