here.
Monday, October 11, 2010
To my mp3
Maybe it's just me.

Haha.

I randomly thought of this line, then I realised that it was because I am listening to the song Maybe by Secondhand Serenade.

And yes, maybe its just me, but I can't bear studying the whole day. I need to relax for a while. It's not that I am skiving off. I'm not like most people, who, once it nears the exams, they vow not to touch the computer, not to go out, not to watch tv, not to sms... However I honestly don't think I am studying hard enough. If my results disappoint me I have nobody to blame but myself.

Really, I think its the negative peer influence in my class.

I remember last year, I was studying so hard. Or at least, I was studying harder than I am now. I stayed back after school to study with LJY and Claudia. And those were the most effective studying sessions I ever had. Now, all study sessions, regardless with who, fail. I just space out. Instead, we end up talking about how we have no determination to study at all.

I hate history. I just see no point in it.

And you know why I keep talking about songs? That's because during this period of time, I feel that only my trusty mp3 has been encouraging me, egging me on to study. When I feel really tired of studying, I stare into space and start singing the song that's playing on my mp3. Then I tell myself, "Stop singing! Study!" Well, at least there's something to fall back on when I just feel hopeless at history.

Take now, for example. As I am typing this, I don't see anyone reading this (except Yvonne maybe?) until after the exams. I feel like I am talking to myself. But in my ears, I hear Jason Mraz telling me that Life is Wonderful (it's an old song but really amusing. Hmm, Jason Mraz is amusing. I recommend it.)

My ears are starting to feel sore though.

Our exams start later than other schools. I'm wondering if that is a good thing or a bad thing. For one, Leanne's exams are probably over already. And for goodness' sake, we haven't started.